Video

Monday, October 14, 2013

GUILTY PLEASURES!



Well, not exactly in the right terms of that phrase, because for me that's listening to Britney Spears… minus the guilt!

This past week my mother came to stay with me for 10 days. It was so nice to have her here and to come home to dinner, a clean apartment and unclogged sink drains. Even new curtains!!! 

But I was torn.
One part of me knew I needed to be a school practicing and the other just wanted to spend time with my mother.

I felt like I was being pulled in two directions, but I chose, of course, my mother. And I'm glad I did because we had a wonderful time.
At one point we actually walked or in fact skipped through Stockholm
singing songs from The wizard of Oz. (Sober, promise!)

But I always had it in the back of my mind that I needed to be at school. I kept feeling waves of guilt. 
So that's a good sign, right?
Is it bad to let go of ones everyday duties for someone you love? 
(Carrie Bradshaw moment!)
This is something I know I will have to battle for the rest of my life.
I'm going to miss important events, birthdays and maybe even Christmases!!! 

But It's not like it's only musicians that have to make sacrifices for their work. In my fathers line of work he too has missed some Christmases
and plenty of my birthdays. 

Just this one time I sacrificed my school work for family. Better to do it know and save the harder decisions for the big stage.

xx Erika Grace

Photo: Magnus Skrede

No comments:

Post a Comment