Video

Friday, February 7, 2014

Russian Kiss // My hopes

My dear friend Annie has written a new song called “Russian Kiss” produced my Richard X. It is aimed at the Russian president Putin and his government for the laws that forbid LGBT(Lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transsexuals) the freedom to be publicly open about their sexuality.


“Russian Kiss” is available for purchase on iTunes from today and is also accompanied by THIS music video:




The song will eventually be re-recorded and released by other artists around the world.

My question is why do we make something that is so simple as humanity into something so incredibly difficult?
Why are lesbians, gays, bisexuals and transsexuals so different from "straight" people?
How can there possibly be an actual difference?
Love is freedom, love just happens.
No one can control who they fall in love with. We have a right to love who we love.
Why is a public display of affection only okay for heterosexuals in a relationship?
I don’t know.
I don’t understand.
More importantly, I do not accept it.

Putin argues that it is for the protection of children so that they are not exposed to LGBT. What could happen to those children really? What they see are two people that are in love, they might feel a little confused at first, but if they are taught that they are just in love, a child will most likely feel okay with that. If you tell them that these people love each other like their mommy and daddy love each other won't that be an acceptable explanation?
I think it will and I intend to teach my future children this. I don't care if any of my children turn out to be gay, I want them to feel free to be who they are, to find love and be happy in life.

I hope for a future where all the people of the world will realize the importance and the responsibly we as human beings have to protect each other and stand up for what is ethically and morally right.
I hope the simple fact that we are all human no matter what sexual orientation, religion or skin color we might have becomes a fact of life for the rest of the world.
I hope people will treat each other with kindness and respect no matter what God one worships or the fact that some people don’t worship gods at all.
Paying taxes is not a punishment. It is not taking from the rich and giving all your hard earned or inherited money to all the poor slackers. It's lending a helping hand to those who have become less fortunate in life, those that got lost on the way or never had a way to follow because society hadn't given them one.
Giving and sharing should be seen as a gift. It is a gift to be able to have something to share with others whether it be money, knowledge, a musical talent, writing or any kind of creativity or ability.
I feel fortunate that I can sing.
I feel good when I get to perform for others and they tell me they were touched by my performance.
I live for those moments.
I might not have a lot of money, but when and if I do I plan to share as much of it as I can spare.

Please.
Feel the right to be loved and to love others.
Feel the right to be free and free others.
Be happy and make others happy.
Always wear a smile on your face, you never know when some stranger happens to be having a bad day and then that smile that you always carry, even when your day isn't that great, might have turned that other persons day into an okay day after all.

It could be such a wonderful world...

xx Erika Grace



No comments:

Post a Comment